ROCK COUNTY, WISCONSIN
Office of the Rock County Clerk
The Rock County Clerk’s Office and 19 of the 29 municipal clerks that serve Rock County will be participating in the Voter Registration Drive on Tuesday, June 28th. Your municipal clerks know that the 2016 Elections are forecasted to have record high voter turnout and want to do everything possible to make the Elections run as smoothly as possible for everyone. That is why clerks across the state are hosting Voter Registration Drives on Tuesday, June 28th. The greatest thing a new voter (or someone that needs to update their current registration) can do to help make Election Day a positive experience, is to register during the Open Registration Period, if able to do so.
What are the requirements to register or update a registration?
Voters can check their voter registration at MyVote.wi.gov.
- 18 years old on or before the NEXT election. The next state-wide election is August 9, 2016, so anyone who is now 17 and has a birthday on or before August 9, 2016, can register now if they meet the rest of the requirements.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen, not currently serving a felony conviction (either jail time or probation), nor been declared incompetent or ineligible to vote by a judge.
- You must have resided in your home for at least 28 days prior to Election Day in order to establish a new voting location.
- You must supply your WI Driver’s License or WI State Id Number if ever issued.
- You must show Proof of Residency. The document must list your full name, your current address, and was issued recent enough to meet date requirements. The most common item used is a utility bill less than 90 days old. Paycheck, pay stub, bank statement (not a credit card), or your WI driver’s license with your current address can be used.
Regardless if your municipality is participating in a Voter Registration Drive on June 28, 2016 by extending their hours or adding staff, ALL voters can register or update a registration any time during their clerk’s regular office hours, except for the day before an election. Please check with your municipal clerk to learn more about how and when you can register or update your registration.
Your Rock County Clerk’s Office can also take voter registrations for any Rock County residents during the Open Registration Period.
For the Partisan Primary on August 9, 2016, the Open Registration Period ends on July 20, 2016.For the General Election on November 8, 2016, the Open Registration Period is August 10, 2016 through October 19, 2016.
Town of Beloit 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Beloit Town Hall, 2871 S Afton Rd, Beloit, WI
Town of Bradford4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Beloit Town Hall, 3622 S Carvers Rock Rd., Avalon, WI
Town of Clinton6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Clinton Town Hall, 8674 E County Rd X, Clinton, WI
Town of Fulton7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fulton Town Hall, 2738 W Fulton Center Dr., Edgerton WI
Town of Harmony8 a.m. – Noon & 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Harmony Town Hall, 440 N US Hwy 14, Janesville
Town of Janesville9 a.m. – Noon
Janesville Town Hall, 1628 N Little Court, Janesville, WI
Town of Milton8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Milton Town Hall, 23 First St., Milton WI
Town of Newark10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Newark Town Hall9538 W Beloit Newark Rd, Beloit WI
Town of Plymouth
10 a.m. – Noon & 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.Plymouth Town Hall, 8219 W High St, Orfordville, WI
Towns of Rock & Turtle
10 a.m. – 1 p.m. 6916 S. County Rd J, Beloit, WI2 p.m. – 5 p.m. 5102 County Rd D, Afton, WI
Village of Clinton
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.Clinton Village Hall, 301 Cross St, Clinton WI
Village of Footville
7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.Footville Village Hall, 261 N Gilbert St., Footville, WI
Village of Orfordville
7 a.m. – 5 p.m.Orfordville Village Hall, 303 E Beloit St., Orfordville WI 53576
City of Beloit
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Beloit City Hall, 100 State St., Beloit WI
City of Brodhead
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.Brodhead City Hall, 111 W 2nd Ave, Brodhead, WI
City of Edgerton
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.Edgerton City Hall, 12 Albion St, Edgerton, WI
City of Evansville
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Evansville City Hall, 31 S Madison St, Evansville, WI
City of Janesville
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Janesville City Hall, 18 N Jackson St, Janesville WI
City of Milton
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Milton City Hall, 710 S. Janesville St, Milton, WI