Below is an update on the road construction taking place on Janesville Street and High Street.
Please see below for a summary of upcoming construction activities that will be occurring on Janesville Street / Milton Road / BUS. 26 - (E. Madison Ave and CTH N) and High Street / Old STH 59 - (Janesville St. - STH 59) in Rock County. The summary of activities is preliminary and may change based on weather and other site conditions.
The schedule for the week of October 6th includes:
- Janesville Street/Milton Road is Closed To Through Traffic, Local Access Only. Please use alternates routes if at all possible.
- The Otter Creek bridge is closed as of 9/2/14, and will remain closed until the bridge work is completed.
- Continued work on the Otter Creek bridge deck replacement.
- Concrete removals and concrete repair/replacement will occur on the Northbound lane of Janesville St./Milton Rd. from Klug Road to Hudson Street. Expect lane closures and significant construction traffic.
- Southbound lane pavement removal/replacement to occur on Janesville St. from E. Madison Ave. to Hudson Street. Expect single lane access and significant construction traffic. Delays can be expected as the removal and replacement occur. Please use alternate routes if at all possible.
- Pavement removal on Milton Rd. north of CTH N intersection is scheduled to begin.
- Milling of asphalt at intersections and driveways along Janesville Street/Milton Rd. is scheduled to begin.
- Please anticipate construction traffic on High street portion of the project for sawing and curb and gutter removal/replacement.
If you are aware of any others that would like to be included on these updates, or if you would like to be removed, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the field office located at 1141 E. High Street in Milton. The field office phone number is (608) 868-2055.
Brandan Hager, P.E.
WisDOT Sr. Civil Engineer- TransportationDTSD SW REGION - Madison, WI