The Crossridge Park Playground Build Day is scheduled for August 23, 2014, and the Parks & Recreation has finalized the schedule for the day.
The schedule is as follows:
- 8 a.m. – Truck arrives with playground equipment and volunteers start organizing and sorting the equipment. Registration for volunteers begins.
- 8:45 a.m. – Welcome, Build Day Kick-Off.
- 9 a.m. – Deploy volunteers and start building.
- 11:30 a.m. – Break teams for lunch in shifts.
- 12:30 p.m. – Back to work for project completion.
- 2 p.m. – Volunteers start moving wood chips into place and cleaning up the site.
- 4:30 p.m. – Conduct safety inspection of completed playground project.
- 5:00 p.m. – Secure site with caution tape / fencing.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Inga Cushman at City Hall at (608) 868-6900 or by email at email@example.com. Only volunteers 18 and over will be able to work on constructing the physical playground equipment, but there will be other tasks that those under 18 can do on Build Day.
The playground will not be able to be used until Monday, August 25, 2014 after the ribbon cutting ceremony at 6 p.m. to allow time for the playground equipment to set.
For additional information contact Inga Cushman, Assistant to the City Administrator, at 608-868-6900 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.