There are two elections that may be scheduled in 2023 - Spring Primary (if needed) on February 21 and Spring Election on April 4. The mayor, three alderperson seats, and municipal judge are up for election in 2023. The incumbents are Mayor Anissa Welch, Ald. Larry Laehn, Ald. Theresa Rusch, Ald. Bill Wilson, and Judge Kristin Koeffler.
If you are interested in running for a City office and have questions regarding the process, please contact City Clerk Jenny Salvo at (608) 868-6900 ext. 2 or by email at email@example.com.
The candidate packets are available at City Hall and on the City's website:
If there are any questions regarding running for any of the available offices, please visit https://elections.wi.gov/candidates/local-candidates.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - Local Candidate Nomination Papers and Information Packet available for pick-up at City Hall.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2022 - First day for candidates to circulate nomination papers for 2023 Spring Election.
- Friday, December 23, 2022 – Last day (5 p.m.) for incumbents not seeking re-election to file Declaration of Non-Candidacy with the City Clerk.
- Tuesday, January 3, 2023 - Last day (5 p.m.) for candidates to file nomination papers with the City Clerk.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023 – Spring Primary (if required)
- Tuesday, April 4, 2023 – Spring Election