The City of Milton's 2020-2024 Strategic Plan established the Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals for the organization. Inclusivity is an important component of the strategic plan, and the organization is dedicated to implementation of the plan.
The City of Milton organization is committed to continuing to develop a culture of belonging. A Project Team was established and met on July 21, 2022 to develop the following goals. Included in the discussion was the Mayor, City Administrator, Administrative Services Director, City Clerk, City Treasurer, Public Works Director, Police Chief, Library Director, and Project Coordinator for the Drug Free Communities (DFC) Grant.
- The City of Milton is an inclusive and welcoming organization for all employees.
- The City’s internal policies and procedures are thoughtful related to equity and inclusivity and vetted to ensure the organization is not blind to possible inequities.
- The City’s staff is versed in DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) concepts, and applies these concepts in their work and behaviors.
- The City of Milton will work to attract a more diverse candidate pool that is reflective of the region.
- The City of Milton accepts mistakes will be made, and acknowledges they are part of the growth process. The City will always be welcoming of feedback to make corrections and adjustments.
- The City of Milton is committed to being bold to lead DEIB initiatives in the community.
Additional information on this initiative can be found in this document: Creating a Culture of Belonging.