The City of Milton will be performing pavement maintenance on 5.25 miles of roads, or about 16% of the total road miles in the City of Milton, through the 2019 Pavement Improvement Program.
The City contracted with Fahrner Asphalt Sealers, LLC, and the treatments will include crack filling, seal coating, infrared patches, and chip sealing. This type of work will be far less disruptive than the improvements currently taking place on Front Street and Windsor Court. The roads will rarely be closed, if ever.
The roads included will be as follows:
- Storrs Lake Road (from Janesville Street to the City Limits)
- Rogers Street (from High Street to St. Mary Street)
- Plumb Street (from High Street to Madison Avenue)
- Greenhill Drive (from High Street to Larch Lane)
- Buten Street (entire roadway), Morgan Street (entire roadway)
- West Madison Avenue (from Clear Lake Avenue to the City Limits)
- South John Paul Road (from High Street to Madison Avenue)
- North Street (entire roadway).
These types of treatments are critical to maintain the integrity of our existing infrastructure. With these improvements, roads will last longer, pushing out the need for large scale road replacements that are more costly and disruptive to residents and businesses on the street for many years. In addition to these roads, the City will also be treating the City Hall / Police Station parking lot, Milton Public Library south parking lot, Milton Cemetery road, Wastewater Treatment Plant parking lot, Public Works Facility driveway and parking lot, and the Crossridge Park trail.
The contractor is planning to start crack sealing next week. They are currently putting out no parking signs for next week with dates and times.